Synchronized mirror adjustment Synchronized
mirror adjustment simultaneously adjusts the right exterior
mirror when the left one is adjusted.
If proper care is not taken when folding or unfolding the door
mirrors, injury could result.
1. Turn the knob to the position.
· Fold or unfold the exterior mirrors only when there is no
obstacle in their travel area.
2. Adjust the left outside mirror. The right mirror will adjust
· When moving the exterior mirrors, always be careful not to get
your fingers caught between the exterior mirror and its base.
3. If necessary, correct the mirror settings
right: turn the knob to the position and adjust the right mirror.
Folding the exterior mirrors after parking
If the exterior mirrors are not folded in before entering an
automatic car wash, they could be damaged.
When the vehicle is locked or unlocked from the outside, the
exterior mirrors fold in or out automatically. For this, the rotary
knob must be in the position ,
· Always fold the exterior mirrors.
· Do not fold or unfold the electrically folding exterior mirrors by
hand, as this may damage the electrical operation of the
If the rotary control for the electric exterior mirrors is in the
position, the exterior mirrors will remain folded.
Saving and activating the setting of the exterior mirror for the
front passenger for reversing
Do not leave the heating of the exterior mirrors on for
longer than necessary.
Otherwise it causes unnecessary fuel consumption.
1. Unlock the vehicle with the key to which you want to assign
2. Engage the electronic parking brake.
In the event of a breakdown, the electric exterior mirrors
can be adjusted mechanically
3. Switch on the ignition.
pressing his hand on the edge of the mirror.
4. Put the gear in the neutral position.
Some settings can be saved to user accounts in the
5. Engage reverse gear.
zation and change automatically when switching user accounts
ÿ p. 40.
6. Adjust the exterior mirror for the front passenger so that, e.g. eg,
you can see the curb well.
7. Put the gear in the neutral position.
8. Switch off the ignition.
9. The position set for the mirror is saved and assigned to the key.
Activate the settings for the front passenger exterior mirror
1. Turn the knob for the door mirrors to the
position for the adjustment of the exterior mirror of the
2. With the ignition on, engage reverse gear. The passenger
exterior mirror will move to the stored position.
The front passenger exterior mirror leaves the stored position for
reverse gear when the vehicle is moving faster than approx. 15
km/h (9 mph). or if the knob is turned to another position.
Fig. 115 On the interior trim at the front of the roof: sun
Driver and front passenger sun visors adjustment options:
By briefly pressing the buttons to the second level, the sun
blind moves automatically to the corresponding end position.
Pressing the key again stops the automatic function.
— They can be lowered towards the windshield.
— They can be removed from the support and rotated
— Open the sun blind: Press button 1 to the first level.
towards the doors ÿ fig. 115A
Automatic function: Press key 1 briefly to the second level.
Vanity mirror with light On
the back of the sun visor is a vanity mirror fitted with a cover.
By moving the cover ÿ fig. 115B
— Close the sun blind: Press button 2 to the first level. Automatic
function: Press button 2 briefly to the second level.
the light comes on ÿ fig. 115 1
— Stop automatic function during opening or closing: Press
key 1 or 2 again
The use of sun visors and sun blinds can reduce visibility.
After the ignition is switched off, the sun blind can still be
opened or closed for a few minutes as long as the driver's
and front passenger's doors are not opened.
· Always reattach sun visors and sun blinds to their brackets
when you no longer need them.
Sun blind anti-trap function The anti-trap function can reduce
Under certain circumstances, the light above the sun
the risk of bruising when closing the sun blind ÿ . If the sun blind
encounters resistance or an obstacle when closing, it will reopen
visor automatically turns off after a few minutes. This
prevents the 12 volt battery from being discharged.
1. Check why the curtain has not been closed
Glass roof sun blind
2. Try to close the blind again.
3. If the blind still cannot be closed due to some obstacle or
resistance, it will reopen immediately. Once open it can be
closed for a short time without the anti-trap function.
4. If the blind still cannot be closed, close it without the anti-
Closing the sun blind without the anti-trap function
1. Before approx. 5 seconds
from the activation of the anti-entrapment function, press
Fig. 116 On the headlining: buttons for operating the
the button ÿ fig. 116 2 until the blind has closed completely.
The electric sun blind works when the ignition is switched on.
The blind closes without the anti-trap function
When the sunroof is fully deflected, the sun blind moves
2. If the blind still cannot be closed, go to
automatically to a ventilation position. The blind remains in this
to a duly qualified specialized workshop. Volkswagen
position even after closing the sunroof.
recommends a Volkswagen dealer.
Open and close the sun blind The
If the sun blind is closed without the anti-trap function, it can
buttons ÿ fig. 116 1 and 2 have two levels. By pressing the keys
cause serious injury.
5 N M 0 1 2 7 6 0 A J
up to the first level, the sun blind can be fully or partially opened
· Always close the blind carefully.
· Make sure that no one is in the area of the
blind's travel, especially when closing without
the anti-trap feature.
· The anti-trap feature does not prevent fingers
or other body parts from being pinched against
the roof frame and causing injury.
When the sunroof is open, the electric sun blind can only
to the front edge of the glass roof.